909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 01:34:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to RR, GQ Patrol in So Cal  (Read 10269 times)
Hangar 18

« on: July 11, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

Greetings all,

My name is Brian and I am from San Diego, Ca. Last year I imported a 1988 GQ Patrol from Australia and have been having a blast off roading.  I have been importing cars from Japan and Australia for a while now and jumped on a Patrol once they were legal.

My GQ is a long wheelbase model and is mostly stock aside from a 3 inch lift and some 33 inch tires. Mine happens to be the gasoline powered tb42 with five speed. I was new to off roading when I brought it in and I've been really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. So far I have taken it to Superstition, Ocotillo, Big Bear, and Big Sur, along with as many local runs as I can get to. I missed out on Gonemoab this year as I didn't learn about it until just before.

I have a few videos on YouTube if anyone is interested. Just type in "Nissan Patrol at Pancake Rock" and there a shots from different runs. I will work on getting some pics up for you guys as well.

Brian
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »

Thats awesome!
What are you doing abut registering here in CA? or shuold I even ask? haha

Can you post some pics?

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Hangar 18

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »

Sorry for the late reply. My Patrol is registered in Az. I'm working on bringing another one in, a diesel. We will try to get that one registered here in Ca. I will work on getting some pics up.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: