909-547-4651

April 26, 2024, 07:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new from NY  (Read 10010 times)
LILWB

« on: October 15, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

Hi All

I came from the Jeep world. This is my current rig

it sits on 37's thanks to a complete suspension replacement, has a Pro Rock front axle, 1310 driveshafts front and rear, dual batteries and a ton of other mods. Sadly it is for sale as my Wife and I are looking to move into a bigger house. Aside from that it is just too much vehicle for the type of wheeling I like to do.

In November of 12' my wife and I took a trip to Costa Rica and after seeing how many d22 navaras there are on the roads down there I decided it would be a great Daily driver for me. I finally picked up my 02' crew cab short bed XE this past March. it immediately got a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gaskets, miscellaneous hoses and a new radiator support welded in. I also removed all the intake baffles and threw in a set of Euro cams and mounted a set of 31 inch General AT's.

Its been a great Daily and we take her on the beach to access our favorite surf break. Here it is on Gilgo Beach

Out in Montauk NY

At our Camp Site

Now that the Jeep is up for sale and we move into a bigger house, with a 2 car garage Thumb-Up, I am considering building it into something a little more than what it is. Eventually I'll get a cheap Daily drive and start a build on this.
I want a solid strong rig for back country adventure. Nothng serious like I did with the jeep, just something that can get me to remote location over logging roads and not brake anything in the process. I would plan on a SAS with a waggy D44 for front end strength and parts availability. I would only run 33's maybe 35's so it will stay pretty low, don't know if I can keep it that low with a SAS though. But first I want to fab up a rear bumper and maybe a front as well and an on board air system to air back up after the beach. 

Thanks for adding me.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: