909-547-4651

April 23, 2024, 01:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Xterra, new to RR  (Read 13922 times)
CaptainMorgan_SOS

« on: December 06, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »

I've been on some of the other forums for a little while but new to RR. 2002 Xterra, with some light mods such as body lift and PML and 33" BFG ATs on Desert Runners. I had it for years and never did a single thing besides maintenance until about a year ago I started doing things to it.

I have been on quite a few trails in Virginia and now in New Mexico with the setup I have now, found it more capable than I ever thought it would be, but I want more, so there will be more to come in the near future.

Here's where I have been and where it sits now.

(It wasn't in a wreck, I just took everything off getting it ready for paint)

Oh, and I have these just sitting in the garage at the moment just awaiting paint and install.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting more done to it and hitting up some more trails out here in NM  Thumb-Up
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:54:37 PM by CaptainMorgan_SOS » Logged
conor1123

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:44 PM »

So sweet! Love the future bumper! Welcome!

1993 Pathfinder 4x4
3" lift ~ 3" BL ~ 33's
Ready for SAS Smiley
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

Looks good.  Is the grey on the sides a bedliner?

CaptainMorgan_SOS

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »

It's duplicolor bumper coating. I went to paint the plastics and they turned out great, so I decided to keep going and masked off up to the crease in the body line and sprayed that too. Its very smooth, unlike bedliner, but is still rubberized, has a matte look to it and easy to touch up. I've had it on for almost a year now and it still looks great. The really cool thing about it is that, even months later, you can get a brand new can, touch up a spot, and it doesn't show a difference in shades. I had 2 chips in it and some extreme "pinstriping" from some mesquite trees and just pulled out a can, sprayed those areas and you can't even tell.

I plan on using the same stuff on the sliders and bumper once I get them on.
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »

Nice, looks good

CaptainMorgan_SOS

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »

I got to meet up with Steve and Kenny this past weekend. Man, Kenny has some nice toys in his garage Wink I got a few more details on some stuff coming up in the future. I'll post up some info soon or leave it up to Steve to do so.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: