909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 09:29:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Project 91 Pathfinder  (Read 52108 times)
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« on: July 26, 2013, 01:47:15 AM »

Username: The_Magicians_Eye
Year: 1991
Make: Nissan
Model: Pathfinder
Trim: SE
Color: Blue
Mods: 2.5" lift (JGC Springs and cranked T-bars), junk yard special wheels, trimmed fenders, rock slider, custom bumpers, modified tire carrier, roof rack, AC upper arms, removed rear sway bar, two inch longer rear shocks, and much more to come...

And so it begins!!!

Here is a before picture to get us started.

As you can see I got my Monstaliner in the mail today. That's why I decided it's time to start my own official build thread.

Here is the way she sits as of right now.

If you want to see the build videos check out this link.

http://alvarezmetalworks.com/?cat=271

This is a list of current plans/goals:

• Paint her in a 3 color Monstaliner finish
  • Rebuild the brake system
  • Install 16 inch steel wheels with custom welded on rocks rings
  • Install Mud tires of some sort. I’m thinking about going with 33″
  • Treadwright Guard Dogs
  • Remove and replace the entire interior with the interior out of a 94
  • Pathfinder.
  • Install an updated steering system from Calmini
  • And much later down the road. Fully custom suspension with a solid
  • axle installed up front.
  • Install a transfer case doubler.
  • Install winch
  • Build new roof rack and install LED light bar.
  • Skid plates
  • Maybe a roll cage

And this is a rough idea of what I hope she looks like when I'm finished. All the graphics will be vinyl.

Oz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »

why do you want those retreads on such a nice build?
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:06 AM »

Because I want to try them out lol. Same reason I wheel a Pathfinder and not a Jeep.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 04:02:04 AM »

Made a bunch of progress. The truck is completely tore down and I'm about half way finished with the prep work before I can spray Chassis Saver on the rust prone areas. Once that's finished I'll start rolling on the Monstaliner.

If you want to check out the videos here's the link.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

right on!
Keep us posted.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 01:34:56 AM »

All the prep work is finally finished!! Tomorrow I mask it off, give it a quick wipe down to remove any dust, and start spraying Chassis Saver on all the rust prone areas. After it has 4 or 5 hrs to dry it will be time for Monstaliner! Finally lol.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 01:33:42 AM »

Made a bunch of progress today. Basically I sprayed a base coat of Chassis Saver to help fight off the rust issues here in NY. This is the first time I sprayed a car so it was far from perfect but I think it turned out pretty good for a base coat that will be completely covered up with Monstaliner. Normally when using this product you should apply 4 thing coats. I did one medium coat because it's just a base coat. Honestly though if I had more Chassis Saver I would have done at least one more coat for piece of mind.

Anyway here are the pics.

If you're at all interested in watching me paint this click on the following link. There will also be information about the gun I used and what not.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

This is going to be quite the transmformation!
Keep us posted.
 cheers

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »

First coat of black is applied and looking good! I'll start the 2nd coat in a couple hours more hours. White and read will be installed tomorrow late afternoon.

If you want to watch that process make sure you check out this link.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:10 AM »

More Progress!!! And good God I'm tired. Working until all day and night until 5am is rough. But worth it! One more color to go! But for now it's time for some much needed sleep.

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:10 AM »

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

Just a little teaser pic. This turned out looking damn good. Make sure you guys check out Monstaliner. This is a great product and made my truck look good enough to get the neighbors to stop and look at it.
http://www.monstaliner.com

^^^^^Make sure to check them out^^^^^

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »

This pretty impressive and looks pretty good using monstaliner.
Keep us posted.
 cheers

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »

All smiles over here. Still have some work to do but I was able to take her for a ride earlier lol.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »

Cleaned up really nice. BTW I would have has some nice pin striping from the trees if this was paint. Keep in mind this it's only been 15 days since I did my truck in this stuff.

I did have some damage to the Monstaliner finish on my front bumper but that was from using my bumper as a skid plate to push myself up onto a rock lol. Nothing that a repair kit won't fix right up. I've done this type of damage to the Dupli-Color bed armor that was on there. I don't expect any product to take that kind of abuse.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »

I'm pretty impressed.
the cleaning was what I was mostly concerned about.

How does it look after it was dried off?

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »

Like brand new. You really need to dry by hand it or the water will leave little bits of dust in the low points of the texture when it air drys. It's really quite easy to clean up. A friend of mine up here was really impressed with how well it cleaned up and he saw it in person.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »

Here are some pics that I took yesterday. It was a little muddy from my tires throwing crap all over it. I just sprayed it with the hose and wiped it dry with a towel. Looks new again.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »

Thats awesome

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »

Getting the Pathfinder ready for the Monstaliner booth at Mettowee Off Road Extreme Park this weekend.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:11:18 AM by The_Magicians_Eye » Logged

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:08 PM »

So it's finally time for a new roof rack. I sold my old one because it looked like $H!*. With my business name all over my truck it's very important that I put my best foot forward on anything I build for my truck. So out with the old and in with the new.

This is the plan. I should have my 1" die set from JD2 tomorrow and then I'll order in the rest of the tubing I need for this. I already have the expanded steel (for the floor) and the 16 gauge sheet (for the side panels). Oh and I also need to order in my LED bar too. If I get the tubing by Friday I'll hopefully have most of this finished this weekend.

Ignore the red and black color scheme on the 3d drawing. This will be all black. The red in the 3D drawing is just to make it easier to see the details. The rear two panels will have white flush mounted lights installed into them. The goal is to keep this no more than 4 inches tall from the bottom of the bottom tube to the top of the top tube.

Stay Tuned!

CaptainMorgan_SOS

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »

Nice rack  Thumb-Up

I've always wanted something like that for my Xterra. Gobi makes their Stealth rack but they want an arm, a leg and your first born child for it. Are the side panels going to be dimple die cut?
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »

Nice rack  Thumb-Up

I've always wanted something like that for my Xterra. Gobi makes their Stealth rack but they want an arm, a leg and your first born child for it. Are the side panels going to be dimple die cut?

Thank you and yes they are. Sorry for the delay on responding. I didn't realize you commented.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »

The roof rack is really happening finally lol. These are my first 5 bends with my JD Squared, Inc Model 32 bender since I bought it over a year ago. It took me 5 bends but I think I got all the data needed to use this die set properly without any waste or measurement miss calculations. Expect some videos about this in the near future. I have to fix a couple miscalculation on this bottom frame but the top one should only require one single seem if all goes as expected.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »

It's coming together quite nicely!

Both top and bottom frames are complete. The top frame only has one seem. This may not be a big deal to those that bend tubing all the time but it's a bid deal for me lol. After spending two days racking my brain with numbers and measurements I finally got the measurements just right and documented everything so that I can build these over and over again if someone else wants one too.

What you're seeing between the two frames are jigs that I build to line up both the top and bottom frames perfectly. Now I need to figure out what my next step will be. Most likely the cross braces for the floor.

The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »

And here is a link to a video for you to watch about the build.

http://youtu.be/qAdnIRmx3w4

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: