909-547-4651

April 19, 2024, 10:07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View our New trail run pictures in the Image Gallery

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WD21 on Vancouver Island  (Read 11632 times)
speedy

« on: May 10, 2013, 11:40:09 PM »

Just picked up a 1995 Pathfinder SE, been looking for a nice one for a while. Had a 1987 Pathfinder a couple years ago and loved that thing, but always kept it pretty close to stock. This one is going to be a little different. Bought it less than a week ago, already wired up some fog lights (gonna be swapping those out for some KC long range slim lights pretty quick), got a 3" body lift I plan on installing tomorrow if the weather is decent, made the rear seats "quick release" with wire lock pins and got a 4" thick foam mattress for the back. Eventually I'd like to SAS this thing, but for now I'll probably just crank the torsion bars/JGC springs till I gather up the needed parts. In the next week when I get around to refilling my mig gas I plan on relocating the spare closer to the passenger side of the carrier, and mounting a gas can on the drivers side. When money allows (or when one comes along cheap enough) I'll be adding a roof basket. Basically I want this thing to be a daily driven expidition style rig that I can sleep in for extended periods.
Well that was more than I planned on writing, hopefully I can learn a thing or two here from you all.

As it sits today.
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:15:28 AM »

Thats a clean Pathy! Welcome to the board!

one of the thinkgs I did for sleeping in my pathfider a while back was to drill out the hinge pins for the rear seat cushions and replace them with a hit pin like this:
http://www.wilsonmfgco.com/hitchpins/images/WL2600.jpg

that way I could remove the cushions and scoot towards the front of the truck for about 2 feet of extra leg room.  cheers

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
speedy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 09:10:53 AM »

yeah that's exactly what I did with the hitch pins. Body lift is in now, lookin' better already.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: