909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 06:20:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out New Products for your Rig at the Rugged Rocks Online Store

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugged Rocks Nissan Pathfinder Solid Axle Swap, 37's, SAW Coilovers.  (Read 26033 times)
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« on: September 11, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

This build features a new transmission cross-member, Sway a Way 14" Travel Coil-overs, and the Beefy Diamond Hybrid Nissan/Dana 60 front axle with REID knuckles. The H233B 3rd members will be loaded with 5.57 gears. The back of the truck is already set up with the Rugged Rocks 4-link which is holding strong, the only change needed to fit the 37's is to lengthen the links another inch or so. The truck will sit on 37" BFG KM2 Tires wrapping 17" Allied Rockathon Beadlock Wheels.

I'll be posting pics along the way!
Feel free to ask questions as the build goes on.

here we go!

* DSC_9164.jpg (1091.73 KB, 3008x2000 - viewed 2085 times.)

* DSC_9168-web.jpg (130 KB, 600x399 - viewed 3211 times.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:06:59 AM by SteeevO » Logged

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

Ok my biggest hope for this thread is that you'll go over the process of showing us where to weld the mounts and how to position the axle. How to setup the arms. And what could be done as far as mods. Like moving the axle forward or whatever else might come in handy. I plan on doing this myself but it will be my first ever SAS so the more info the better.

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to explain the axle build in full detail to us dummies that have never torn an axle down or put one together.

Basicallly a "SAS For Dummies" would be awesome!

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »

Thank you for coming forward and expressing what you want to see and learn out of this thread.  Thumb-Up

I will be backtracking a little bit to show everything, This was just an initial post since I wanted to include this in the e-mail newsletter tonight.

I plan on doing a write up covering H233B gear installs, although taking it to an experienced gear guy would be best if you've never done gears before.

I can also go through the assembly of the axle itself.
I'd really like to do both a video and a write up with pictures but if you could only have one, which would you prefer?

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
The_Magicians_Eye

91 Pathy SE

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:15:26 AM »

Video is always better so long as it's good video with lots of details. Not that skip over the details type stuff you find allot of on youtube.

Thanks Steve

tbecktold

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »

I personally like pictures better than video, I get a more concrete idea of how things differ from my truck.
Either way I'm looking forward to this happening.
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

I personally feel like pictures and writing is easier to follow. It's more of a step by step instruction guide that you can print out and take to the garage etc.
But I'm hoping to do both. video is cool.

at this time in the build I'm waiting on some high steer arms and coilover springs as well as some other small parts to get the steering dialed in.

I'll get more pics and start posting detailed info in the next few days, I really want the word on this build to propagate and get more people in here asking questions and following this tread from the beginning.
Please spread the word on this build  cheers

cbrgoose

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »

Ok i found it!! Thanks for not only leading the industy in this kit but also for posting it for us all to see.
agree with what was said above. Lots of information and pictures would be great. Im looking forward to geting started on mine and utilizing you parts and information to make it a fun rig. Looking forward to lots of pictures!! cheers
cbrgoose

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »

Hey Steve, Do you have any updates? Just thought i would check! Thanks
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

Actually Going out to take pics of the thing right now and was running around all day picking up parts etc.
I'm still waiting on a few things but there will be more progress on friday.
Stay tuned!

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »

I decided to split up this thread into different part of the build to avoid some confusion in jumping around from subject to subject.
You'll find all the new topics for this build here: http://forum.ruggedrocksoffroad.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: