909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 12:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out New Products for your Rig at the Rugged Rocks Online Store

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how it goin' from canada. need some tech info.  (Read 9526 times)
bushnut

« on: August 31, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »

hey guys just bought a 2000 pathy 3 days ago. my last rig was a 98xj. I needed something just a little bit bigger and as it will be a daly driver something the wife finds more comfortable. I did a bunch of research before buying but i am looking for some more tech info. or at least where to find it. so my questions are.  what is the max tire size with stock set up, what is stock suspension travel. do i have a locking diff or is it a LSD. What is the power split between front and rear diffs. were to get good quality aftermarket stuff.
oh yea the check engine light is on, previous owner said it needed a new mass air flow sensor, any thoughts?
thanx.
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Welcome to the board!

You should be able to fit a 31"  tire on there with very little or no modification.

As long as the rear axle hasn't been midified, you'll most likely have a LSD in the 4x4 models. check for an orange dot on the rear axle housing. if you don't have an orange dot then it's an open differential.

the 4x4 doesn't work like a AWD, the front and rear are locked together 100%

There isn't a whole lot of aftermarket stuff for these trucks but you can always browse around the store here on Rugged rocks.

for the check engine light, run the codes on the computer and see what pops up.

Post any more questions you may have.

cheers

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: