909-547-4651

March 29, 2024, 07:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out New Products for your Rig at the Rugged Rocks Online Store

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah! Got some ink today!  (Read 7259 times)
Oz
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »

But not that kind! This kind:

I'm sooooooooo  stoked!  Here's the article in text format for those who don't want to read from the jpg:

- - -
BTW; Oz Trad’s ’07 4WD Xterra

It’s taken nearly four years for Oz Trad of Rancho Cucamonga, Ca., to get his ’07 4WD Xterra where he wants it to be. “I was really surprised by the lack of aftermarket support back then” he says, “but there is sure is a lot more available today”. After installing a 6” diff drop lift and extended coil over shocks for the front, a spring over axle conversion for the rear, plus a 3” body lift, Oz was on the hunt for aftermarket gears. With none to be found he consulted his good friend Steven Lutz of Rugged Rocks Off Road, who is also a Nissan enthusiast, about approaching Superior Axle and Gear. Because of that Superior now manufactures 4.10 and 4.56 for Xterras, Frontiers and Titans, which share the same “F-Alpha” platform. Oz adds “Its been really great to have a company like Superior be responsive to our needs. I am really happy with the 456 gearing because it really helps with all the armor, plate bumpers and 35” mud terrain tires”. Oz also fabbed his own snorkel using 3” aluminized exhaust tubing and off the shelf intake parts. Wanting to have a rear selectable locker, Oz swapped in a donated m226 electronic-locking axle from a ’05 Off Road model Frontier. Only thing left to finish is the “Titan Swap” which involves swapping out the original IFS with Titan upper and lower control arms, half shafts and m205 differential. This again is all possible due to the shared “F-Alpha” platform. The Titan Swap dramatically increases suspension travel as well as increased durability with the m205 Titan differential.
   Oz states he has really built his “X” for overland type trail off-roading but does enjoy the occasional rocky shelf. Oz’s favorite runs are John Bull in Big Bear, Cleghorn in Cajon pass, Pinyon Mountain in Anza Borrego and the Mojave Road which stretches from Needles to Barstow.
   Other features Oz has built into his X are a dual battery system, 800 Watt inverter plumbed to a waterproof AC outlet on the rear bumper, DIY bead-locked steel wheels, and a stealthy, hidden-in-the-bumper on board air system.
   Future plans? Oz simple says one word: “Thirty-eights!”

6" Fabtech Lift
315/75/r16 (35") BFG MT KM2s
10" Travel Bilsteen Shocks
PRG Extended Radflos & Shackles
Full Deaver Leaf Pack
JE Reel 1 Ton Double Cardon Driveshaft
WARN 8000lb Winch
Gobi Ranger Rack and Ladder
Shrockworks Front Bumper, Sliders and Skids
Maxterra Swing-away Rear Bumper
Blue Torch Fab Rear Diff cover
Optima Blue Top Battery/Exide Orbital Battery
Engel 45 Refrigerator
PIAA 580s
Blue Sea Auxiliary Fuse box
Kenwood DNX-5120 DVD Receiver with Garmin Navigation
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

That is really cool you got an entire page.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »

It Ran!
Awesome Thumb-Up.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: