909-547-4651

April 19, 2024, 02:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Checkout our customer Product Reviews!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 87 Nissan Torsion Bar ?  (Read 9100 times)
southencomfort

« on: August 24, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

I posted this at the wrong place the first time.

What is the maximum amount I can turn the torsions until I have a really terrible camber on my front wheels. I have a spare truck that I'm thinking about adding 2 leaves to my spring pack and throwing in a 2" block, but I dont want to have the rear higher than the front.

I'm thinking about going with a SAS soon. I have an old Wagooner in mind but the only thing is, is that I've heard those axles are about 2" longer than the factory axles so with that what width tire would look almost normal under it? 

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:47 PM »

if youre running the stock torsion bars you can probably get about 1.5" of lift. with aftermarket upper control arms you can get close to 3"
lifting the rear 4" will be too much.

with the sas. you dont really notice tthe different widths that much when using the wagoneer axle. most of us are running a 12.5" wide tire

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
southencomfort

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

Thanks Partner, I've been using it here recently to access trails on my property that are to be cut, lol. Last summer we had logs cut off the property and now its starting to grow up so now is a good time as any to start making paths. Plus its great land, hills and creeks
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »

no problem. On 31" - 33" tires I'd recommend sticking to a 10.5" wide tire.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: