909-547-4651

April 26, 2024, 12:26:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View our New trail run pictures in the Image Gallery

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacoby Canyon and John Bull - June 25th  (Read 7991 times)
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »

We're leaving at 11a from Coon Creek Cabin Campground near big bear off of hwy 38 this sunday.

I'll be there all weekend with the Outdoor Adventure USA Group participating in Field Day, An annual emergency prep / radio contest event. for more information about the event in general, visit: http://forums.oausa.net/viewforum.php?f=155&sid=455f5c4970114d79003cefa552e9e59e

See you on the trail.  cheers

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »

a few ofus ran but i was the only nissan. granted i didn't give much of a heads up on this one.
Kenny doesn't have a rig thats wheelable..yet, the SD guys ran SD trails and roastbeef is claiming to have some type of hub issue (but i'm ok with it. I'm going to tear into it at his place and get a BBQ steak dinner out of it  Grin )
so it was just Rob from NoWhiteFenders.com and a land cruiser owner named mark that we met at the OAUSA Field Day.

we actually had a late start (since we didn't have a big group going i decided to attempt the extra class ham test). so we skipped jacoby and went straight to the good stuff.

Those if you that were at West Coast meet here in CA a few years ago know that john bull is a good trail...  Grin
but the weather has washed out more dirt exposing more of the large rocks. needless to stay.. it's gotten "better"

Rob took some pics and they will be posted here one way or another, soon.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
theking
KI6WTF
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »

I miss my old rig!  Wish I would have been there.  I can't wait to have a trail worthy rig again!

Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: