909-547-4651

April 16, 2024, 07:45:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all newb here!!! in Montana...  (Read 7091 times)
stmpjmpr
stumpjumpin

« on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »

moved here about 6 mo.s ago in my 89' pathy two door and now I am starting my extreme wheeler project. For starters I am planning on picking up a small block 400 and building it for heart transplant, then at the same time a SAS with 5.13 gears and a spool locker in back with 31 spline chromoly axles in back and a d44 with 5.13 gears, chromoly shafts and a arb front locker, and I want 37's under it. and lots of other neat stuff lol. Its gonna be a trailer Queen by travel and bad mo fo offroad lol.

So I am hoping people can help me on here... does anyone know where a good place for a cheap front solid axle for my swap might be and also like brackets, v8 swap kit,rocksliders, front offroad bumper- winch theses kinda things. All info will be greatly appreciated thanks all.

You only live once may aswell be fun!!!
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »

Welcome.  What took you to Montana?  I haven't spent much time there but from what I've seen it's a really cool place.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »

Welcome to the board  cheers Thats going to be one heck of a truck. What type of wheeling do you like to do?
What transmission/transfercase are you going to run?
for the front axle, most people use the Late 80's jeep grand wagoneer d44.
brackets can be found by quite a few companies like poly performance or ruff stuff.
Advance adapters used to have a v8 swap kit but i don't know if it's still in production. I've already made a call to advance adapters for youand I'm waiting for a call back. I'll keep post updates as soon as i hear back.
When you get ready for chomoly axle shafts, let me know. I can get shafts from superior axle, both the evolution series and the discovery series.

feel free to post up pictures as things develop and feel free to ask tons of questions.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: