909-547-4651

April 26, 2024, 11:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out New Products for your Rig at the Rugged Rocks Online Store

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Los Angeles Nub.  (Read 10346 times)
Iron X

« on: June 20, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »

Hey guys, my name is Patrick. I own a 2002 Nissan Xterra auto 4x4. Got it back in april of this year, so im still breaking it in and trying to see what it can do stock. Im new to offroading and trail riding but willing and eager to learn. Im located in socal in the small small city of Pico Rivera (where the 605 and the 5 freeways meet). I heard about rugged rocks through Lee, so i thought i'd hit up the forum and finally introduce myself and my x.

First day i got her home.

Took off the step rails.

Painted wheels.

Temporary spare tire relocation.

Android ftw.

Ill soon be putting a volant CAI on her and a new cherry bomb extreme muffler. Im holding off on the BL and SL until i save up enough money for my 33's. Cant wait to get her dirty. cheers guys.

cheers

BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »

Welcome.  I'm pretty sure we met at the Hilltop park event.

Jeff

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »

Hey Patrick,
Welcome to the board!  Thumb-Up
It's good to see another x from so cal on here.
We're actually going to be wheeling this weekend up in big bear.
We'll be running jacoby canyon on sunday before we hit some harder trails.
since you're new to this stuff, jacoby canyon will probably be a good trail for you.

We're meeting off of hwy 38 at a place called coon creek cabin, I'll be wrapping up an event there with OAUSA that everyone is also welcome to go check out. I figure we'll get out of coon creek cabin at 11:00.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
Iron X

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »

Hey jeff, yea i remember meeting you also. How come u didnt come with us to san marcos? When lee, zach, lance and i drove up there, we got to the trail and my gf got freaked out cuz there was a destroyed and stripped car near the entrance. so me and her had to turn around  Sad that wouldve been my first trail ride. its alright tho. I talked to her about it and she thought we were gonna be going 40 mph over the rocks and near the edge of cliffs. haha women.

Thanks for the invite steevo, I would definately be down to go wheeling up in Big Bear. I'm atcually heading to Vegas that same weekend tho, staying from friday til sunday. Probably wont be back until the afternoon. Im so damn eager to go wheeling tho, I tried to go to the azusa canyon ohv park this weekend, but i guess i got there too late and it was closed. damnnnn haha Next time fore sure count me in.
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »

no worries. I"m not a fan of azusa cyn. .. too much mud.. haha.
I rocks are better.  Thumb-Up Grin

No worries about this weekend. I'm planning on doing quite bit of wheeling this summer, keep an eye out on the board.  cheers

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »

Hey jeff, yea i remember meeting you also. How come u didnt come with us to san marcos?
I had a wedding to go to that afternoon and have had plenty of experiences of spending 4 hours on a trail that was supposed to take 1 hour.  See you out on the next trip though.

Iron X

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »

Sounds good Steevo, hopefully by then ill have a few more mods done. I wanna get my intake and exhaust done around the same time, if my X cant look like a beast yet, im sure gonna try and make it sound like one haha.

And Jeff, yea Lee was saying we would have finished the trail in about a half hour. I suppose it could have easily taken longer hah. Plus i was on a fourth of a tank of gas when we finally arrived, it was probably for the best that me and my girl turn around and head back. but definately next time will be for sure. and ill be better prepared for it also
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: