909-547-4651

April 25, 2024, 07:58:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View our New trail run pictures in the Image Gallery

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to tighten up front end on 1995 pathfinder ??  (Read 10463 times)
FUELER

qx4x4

« on: March 31, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »

Hey guys,

working on a 1995 Pathfinder for another Baja trip.  Getting the steering tight -   The front sway bar is loose on its mounts and the front lower ball joints are shot.

Do you have any recommendations for aftermarket parts??   Like aftermarket sway bar mounts or strong aftermarket lower ball joints??    Looking for stronger than stock!!!

Thanks!!

Adam AKA FUELER

id rather be in Baja
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:53:10 PM »

which sway bar mounts are loose? the end linkage or the mounts to the frame?

on the lower BJ's I think you're out of luck

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
zachbiz

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

for swaybar links, you could probably find an energy suspension part that would fit. They make good long lasting stuff.

as for ball joints, you're SOL with and upgrade, its stock or nothing.

Bobby B.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »

You can get the sway bar bushings cheap at pep boys.  They have just the bushings or you can use an energey suspension end link set.  All that stuff is under $15.

If it's the front sway bar bushings, here is what has worked for me.  Get the set that has the poly bushings throw away the  :hit:mounts that come with them, stuff them into the factory mounts and run them.  I've torn several sets of the ES mount pieces before just stuffing them into the more heavy duty factory ones.

You can get lower ball joints at Napa, just have to get ones for a frontier (this works for Xterras).  Just make sure the LCAs are physically the same; if they are, then you can run them.  They have both tabs plus have to be pressed out.  It's a big PITA.  Again, you'll have to check cross-compatibility with the frontier.

A new set of idler arm bushings may go a long way to tighten up the steering; check there for play.  This is common and the bushings are cheap.

Hope this helps.

Not all who wander are lost.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: