909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 03:05:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How crazy would i be  (Read 8970 times)
zachbiz

« on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »

to start throwing around the idea of a custom fab long travel kit? Am i totally insane because its way too hard and/or expensive?

I figured, in a very rough mental sketch of a way, i could extend the CV shafts by chopping them and sleeving and wleding tubing over them (i heard its been done for the 2nd gen titan swap), have an inch or two longer boxed lower, maybe even reuse the same splined ends for the retention of torsion bars until i can find some decent coil overs, extended UCA's with a teflon uniball (similar to the TC kit) and extended TRA with uprgaded centerlink.

anyone want to slap me in the face for being absurd?

It would be cool and the best of both worlds for me (more flex and retaining IFS for barreling through the desert).

gitarboyx

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »

zac. IMO you alreayd done some cool stuff with the X,....this idea,....out the window. SAS it! cheers

When in doubt, gas it out.
zachbiz

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »

hmm, i might have to. My centerlink and/or TRA and/or ball joints mays working their way out the door. depends on how hard i beat up on it. i just might have to SAS it depending on how awesome yours turns out.

gitarboyx

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:04:12 AM »

well if your going by how mine turns out, youll be SAS ing it in no time. kenny does good work. He'd probably do yours too.

When in doubt, gas it out.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: