909-547-4651

April 24, 2024, 05:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View our New trail run pictures in the Image Gallery

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pheasant Hunting  (Read 7528 times)
Lightspur

« on: October 26, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »

I am putting together a pheasant hunting trip to Helm, Ca  on Nov 13-14,  it is about 3 hours N. of Los Angeles. The place is Ace High Adventure Hunt club.  This is a real nice hunting area with over 6000 acres to hunt, the cost is $140 which includes a BBQ lunch and 4 pheasants.  The owner rases the pheasants and lets them loose for the hunters. I am reserving an area and he (Keith the owner) will guarantee 4 pheasants per hunter in our area - this is not like a lot of places where you can just hunt one little area, we will get a 10-20 acres maybe more depending on who many go.  We already have one dog to spot and retrieve.    If you are a newbe hunter - thats okay but you will have to go through my do's and don'ts speech and you will be on probation for the next hunt.

I am doing another hunt in Jan or Feb, the club gives about a 30% discount on a 2nd hunt for those that can make both.  The 2nd hunt will be for pheasants, chuckers, and ?  I also have a marked bird or 2 put out for a $$ pot shoot i.e. shoot it you win the $$!

It is a dry camp so bring what you need, I am heading up Friday Nov 12 and caravaning with a couple of others - leaving SJC about 3:30 or so - we have a campsite reserved so no worries there.

Anyone interested post up.
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Lance it's great to hear from you.  This is something I'd be interested in but unfortunately I can't make it that weekend.  Maybe for trip 2.  I grew up hunting quail and unfortunately rarely get to go.

Lightspur

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »

Hey Jeff, ya it's kinda short notice but I will post up way in advance of the 2nd hunt in Jan or Feb.
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: