909-547-4651

April 25, 2024, 09:21:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Checkout our customer Product Reviews!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pancake rock trail aka carvacre trail  (Read 22774 times)
gitarboyx

« on: October 18, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »

ran the pancake rock trail in east san diego county this last weekend and had a blast! broke two tie rods for second weekend in a row, so, once those bugs are worked out ill be trying to get a group together to run it again!  its a fun trail, probably pretty difficult for stock vehicles. the trail is very eroded, requiring some good articulation in some spots. the top of the trail is an awesome view from the rock. there is also a rock garden further in i have not seen yet. so, ill be trying to get something together soon if anyone is interested. it is about 30 miles or so out the right. just past alpine. let me know if interested.  Thumb-Up

When in doubt, gas it out.
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »

I need to get new tires before I do any runs but would be interested after that.

Phulcrum
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »

i might be able to do something this thursday or wednesday

get out and see all that you can before it's paved.

javascript :void(0);
gitarboyx

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:48 PM »

im thinking it will be atleast a couple weeks, i have some issue to work out on my truck as well and itd have to be a weekend for me. i just seein who if anyone would be up for it. since all the SD guys always drive to san bernardino to wheel with everyone else!

helix66

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:55:20 PM »

Keep me posted, I'd be up for that.  I've been working a bit these days and haven't wheeled in a long time. Wish I had some crawler gears!

BlackX, which tires are you looking into?
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

BlackX, which tires are you looking into?
BFG All terrains.

helix66

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 09:55:03 PM »

That's what you have now right?
Let me know if you find a decent source, last time I found four used ones on pirate.
gitarboyx

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 02:29:16 AM »

Jeff- might check out discounttiredirect.com thashere I got mine. Thatched good prices and free shipping. U just gotta pay mount and balance.

Phulcrum
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »

coyote canyon tmrw??

get out and see all that you can before it's paved.

javascript :void(0);
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

No, I have BFG mud terrains right now.  Just passed 62K miles on them and I'm way passed due.  I'm switching to all terrains because as much as I like to think I wheel my truck is still my daily driver and it sees 95% pavement.

I'm going to get my new ones through ruggedrocks.

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

gitarboyx

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »

i didnt even think of that. pssshhh im dumb! Hit

Oz
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »

No, I have BFG mud terrains right now.  Just passed 62K miles on them and I'm way passed due. 

Wow you got a lot out of them suckers
salad_man

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Planning this for this Sunday?

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

Call Sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
                                        - Doc, Back to the Future
gitarboyx

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »

no, im thinking next weekend,... maybe next sunday. i know jeff needs tires, i gotta figure out why i keep breaking tie rods. i have broken 4 in the last 2 weekends. Hit and dont tell me the solution is SAS! i know steeevo. i know. Thumb-Up

BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 08:37:55 AM »

Wow you got a lot out of them suckers

Yeah they've been great.  But they are so worn I definitely can't hit the trails until they're replaced.

helix66

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »

Ahhhhh that's cool, mounted and balanced I hope!

I've had the AT's for a really long time and on a lot of different trucks, imo they're better than the muds.  MT's suck in snow and rain the AT's work pretty well all around and are good on the highway too.
salad_man

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

no, im thinking next weekend,... maybe next sunday. i know jeff needs tires, i gotta figure out why i keep breaking tie rods. i have broken 4 in the last 2 weekends. Hit and dont tell me the solution is SAS! i know steeevo. i know. Thumb-Up

Ok, just keep this posted, I want to run it.

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

gitarboyx

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:41 AM »

yeah ill def keep it updated. not this weekend but next. im thinking saturday before halloween maybe. if anyone is interested in that day?

salad_man

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »

Cant do it on Halloween weekend, get to go to Calico for the Halloween Bash, you should also  cheers

gitarboyx

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

calico sounds fun. i dont have plans for saturday/sun. i get off work 930 sat morning. but i may have to work the whole weeked. any one else from rugged rocks going?

ragpaoa

I'd rather be mtn' biking ... Let's Ride!

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »

I ran this trail twice already and it's well worth the ride to the top. I would rate it somewhat difficult due to the deep ruts and some tough spots, but the view is awsome. I ran it alone with my wife and she hated me for it. I have a 2008 4x4 Pathy and I don't see any of the 05+ Pathys doing any wheeling, at least the fun stuff.

Let me know when you guys plan on going out again so I can join you, since I don't want drive through it alone like I did last time.

2008 V8 Pathfinder LE 4x4, LT275/70 18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Radflo Front 2.5 Coilovers w/625lb Eibach Springs, Radflo 2.0 Extended Rear Remote Reservoir, Medium OME Springs, Full Shrockworks Skids & Sliders, ARB Winch Bumper, ARB Rear Air Locked, Warn 9000 Winch, Bajarack Roof Rack with IPF lighting
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:18 AM »

Great looking Pathy BTW.  Don't see many newer generation Pathfinders out on the more difficult trails.

gitarboyx

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »

yeah idk know about doing it alone but will def keep it updated when we go. im having suspension issues :/ Huh?

ragpaoa

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

Great looking Pathy BTW.  Don't see many newer generation Pathfinders out on the more difficult trails.

Thanks. Even though the newgen are IFS/IRS, it's quite capable off-road if well equipped.
Heck, most of the 05+ Xterra and Frontier parts fit since it's off the same frame. I'm even ARB locked in the rear and quite a bit of travel in the rear with the extended Radflos.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys out there when you go.

2008 V8 Pathfinder LE 4x4, LT275/70 18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Radflo Front 2.5 Coilovers w/625lb Eibach Springs, Radflo 2.0 Extended Rear Remote Reservoir, Medium OME Springs, Full Shrockworks Skids & Sliders, ARB Winch Bumper, ARB Rear Air Locked, Warn 9000 Winch, Bajarack Roof Rack with IPF lighting
ragpaoa

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »

yeah idk know about doing it alone but will def keep it updated when we go. im having suspension issues :/ Huh?

Hope you sort the suspension issues out. Let us know when you go out again.

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: