909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 06:39:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Air Revised  (Read 9342 times)
salad_man

« on: June 07, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »

Bought a 480c Viair dual compressor kit from Ollie on the OAUSA board. So scraped the last tank set up that I had because these compressors push 200 psi, and that tank was rated for 125  ha ha. Got the compressors installed under the cargo area, tucked up away from everything. Also using the remote intake air filters, ran air lines and mounted the filters up into a storage compartment in the cargo area. Relays and pressure sensor all soldered and mounted in side the weather box in between both compressors, now just awaiting the Viair 2.5 gallon air tank  Thumb-Up

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

Call Sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
                                        - Doc, Back to the Future
Oz
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »

extremely nice !
helix66

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:49:30 PM »

Woah, that looks serious!!  Would it make any sense to have the electric parts in the truck, like if you wanted to change the pressure?
salad_man

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 12:26:51 AM »

Not really, I would have to run a pressure regulator to change the pressure in the cab, I will be running a gauge in the cab however to monitor pressure

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

Call Sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
                                        - Doc, Back to the Future
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: