909-547-4651

April 18, 2024, 05:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View our New trail run pictures in the Image Gallery

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCM 2010 - Locations  (Read 65119 times)
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:50 AM »

I'm good with vegas and i'm good with nor cal.

I don't think calico is a good place to have wcm... sorry RB... but thats just my one opinion.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 11:55:14 AM »

I agree with Steve on the Calico location.  Been there and got bored since i couldn't really do many of the trails.  Spent half my time in the town walking around.

NorCal doesn't sound like to bad of an idea.  But, it is a really long drive for the AZ folk.  I understand that getting out into Nevada is kind of a pain for NorCal people, you guys have a big mountain range to cross without many roads to cross it by. 

I have also been thinking about Death Valley.  It is about the same for us SoCal people.  Around an hour or 2 more for the AZ guys, and an hour or 2 closer for the NorCal guys.  I would love to do Death Valley, but the only problem with that is the size of the park and the need to move our camp every night.  That, and there really isn't anything hardcore, according to my book, most if not all trails can be done with bone stock 4X4's or even some 2WD's.

Where ever we decide, I still need to go there before the event to check it out, get necissary permits, look for camping, and run a few trials.  I figure if I can do it in my truck and it is a challenge then we can all get through it.  Plus it would still be fun for the more hardcore trucks involved.  Which is why I was looking more towards the Logandale Trail System.

WE STILL NEED DATES.  NOBODY HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT YET.

"At this point I AM driving the fanciest mall crawler ever built... ."    Erick

"men go fishing all their lives without really knowing that it's not fish they're after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
theking
KI6WTF
Global Moderator

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 03:31:27 AM »

Exploring Death Valley would be great!  I don't care is it's hardcore or not.

Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com
dkim568

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »

Dusy Ershim sounds cool. I like the Lake Isabella idea too, but not sure what trails are out there. I know there's a ton of free campgrounds along the Kern River, first come first serve.
Oz
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

Hey what about the Alabama Hills Near Lone Pine? Its pretty central

http://www.off-road.com/trails-events/feature/offroad-exploring-in-the-alabama-hills-outside-of-lone-pine-california-52494.html
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 08:18:32 PM »

I'm good with the lone pine area idea

how about Kennedy meadows?!?

I haven't been there since i was.... hmm....eight?

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
helix66

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

I went up there a few years ago with my buddy, he had his dirt bike and I had no idea where to go and poked around and never found much......is there decent wheeling there??  It's a really nice area to camp in!
X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »

I haven't hit up Kennedy Meadows either, so not sure what is up there, I do no that you can get up there from the Jawbone area, but from what I have scene most of the roads are graded dirt.

Alabama Hills could be fun, and places like Cerro Gordo are pretty close.

Let me look into that area today and see what is looks like.

"men go fishing all their lives without really knowing that it's not fish they're after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
penski61

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »

being that your the host you may want to stick with the trails you are familiar with

the first one in vegas was kinda messed up because i let someone else plan the trail run for a trail i didnt know
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:21:29 PM by penski61 » Logged
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »

I agree with that but i'd say some pre-running will need to take place regardless

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »

X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »

For sure, I am planning on trail running a couple weeks before the event.  Im still kinda leaning towards Logandale for this.  I am thinking that it would be better to be in the desert since it is later in the year.  Eastern Sierras sound like fun, but a little worried about the weather.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 03:43:19 PM »

Unfortunately there's almost no chance I can go this year.  October is going to be very busy for me.

ragpaoa

I'd rather be mtn' biking ... Let's Ride!

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

Count me in! This will be my first WCM. I wanted to take the family on a road trip this year, so anywhere would be good for me. I'll start researching some spots.

2008 V8 Pathfinder LE 4x4, LT275/70 18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Radflo Front 2.5 Coilovers w/625lb Eibach Springs, Radflo 2.0 Extended Rear Remote Reservoir, Medium OME Springs, Full Shrockworks Skids & Sliders, ARB Winch Bumper, ARB Rear Air Locked, Warn 9000 Winch, Bajarack Roof Rack with IPF lighting
X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »

Count me in! This will be my first WCM. I wanted to take the family on a road trip this year, so anywhere would be good for me. I'll start researching some spots.

Sweet, once we get a location and date set I will start a new thread for people to list if they are going or not and how many people will be traveling with them and so on.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

Unfortunately there's almost no chance I can go this year.  October is going to be very busy for me.

Bummer, how are you for November?  Might try to set it for Veterans Day Weekend.  Vets day is Nov, 11 on a thursday and might make it easier for people to go since it should be a 4 day weekend.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
BlackX
KI6WUV
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »

That would be better for me but I still won't know until we get closer to the date so don't plan around my availability

salad_man

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 11:14:39 PM »

Anything besides October 23-25, thats borrego fest with oausa, but I like the idea of something with water nearby, ha ha, to cool off.

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

Call Sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
                                        - Doc, Back to the Future
revans2003

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »

Whats the consensus on location? I have run the trails in the Lake Isabella/Kern area and they are pretty nice. There is not a whole lot of them, but enough to kill a weekend. There is a trail that runs from Bakersfield all the way to the lake isabella area which would be cool.
X_Trippin
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

Whats the consensus on location? I have run the trails in the Lake Isabella/Kern area and they are pretty nice. There is not a whole lot of them, but enough to kill a weekend. There is a trail that runs from Bakersfield all the way to the lake isabella area which would be cool.

I'm pretty sure we will be out in Nevada at a place called the Logandale Trail System.  Its around a 6 or 7 hour drive for us and little bit longer for the AZ crew if they decide to come out.  I'm thinking that if this is later Oct. or early Nov. the mountains may be getting a little cold.

Rugged Rocks Newsletter
RuggedRocks on AIM!
AMSOIL Referal #1714095
Phulcrum
22nd Expeditionary Group

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »

I am all for logandale area. sounds new and cool. Also i may be up for helping pre-run it.

get out and see all that you can before it's paved.

javascript :void(0);
helix66

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »

Anything besides October 23-25, thats borrego fest with oausa, but I like the idea of something with water nearby, ha ha, to cool off.

....are you hitting that one?
salad_man

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

Yup, awesome group of people, good trails, and great food.

93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, and some armor.

Call Sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
                                        - Doc, Back to the Future
Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: