909-547-4651

March 28, 2024, 06:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To Subscribe to the Rugged Rocks Forum RSS Feed

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: King of the Hammers 2012  (Read 10631 times)
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« on: October 11, 2011, 11:54:13 PM »

For more information on the HOH 2010 event, Visit: http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-line/2012-king-of-the-hammers-event-schedule/

KOH 2012 is coming up in Feb, The planning usually starts around this time and I need to know who's up for volunteering. If we have at least 6 people that are 100% in for volunteering then I'll contact the proper people to make it happen.

There in years past there has been a raffle for the volunteers the night before the race to win awesome stuff and usually no one goes home empty handed. In the years past we've also been in small clips of the KOH documentary DVD and besides that it just cool to be part of something so huge. I didn't volunteer last year but I'm up for it again. You do get closer to the action and are more tuned into whats going on in the race during the event.

So let me know!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:25:06 AM by SteeevO » Logged

Rugged Rocks Newsletter | Check out my articles on CrawlerNews.com!
------------------------------------------
"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
npgtech

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »

Hey Steve, I'm def interested.  I can probably ask some of the other guys I work with (also Air Force guys) if they want to help out.  What all do you need people to do?
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »

Hey Nick, Welcome to the board!
Every year it's different and we won't know until we get a group together and it's possible they won't even need us.

The first year we swept part of the course, radioing teams for broken vehicles as we found them, picking up tools and spare parts that fell off the cars etc..
After we swept we also ran the Hot finish taking and radioing in finishing times to the officials.

The other few years we ran multiple check points which included setting up the checkpoint in the morning, once the race starts we stop each car, give them their time for that checkpoint and mark a card that they have with them as proof that they were there. It gets to be very fast paced when there is a pileup of cars. we keep paper logs and also call in times over the radio as the cars come in.

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights"
SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:03:09 AM »

I've spoken to a hand full of people about volunteering this coming year at KOH 2012. I've got us signed up.
If you're interested in volunteering, and have not spoken to me, please let me know.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

despite the fact that this thread has been insanely quite, there are a ton of people going on this one.
I'll be leaving tomorrow around noon or 1 and getting out the lake been around 2 or 3.
Camping on the west side of boone rd between the bridge and the lakebed.

once I get out there I'll post GPS coordinates of camp.
I'll be on CB channel 22.

SteeevO
Rugged Rocks Founder
Administrator

I'll tell you a story!

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »

Camp: N34 deg 24.739 w116 deg 31.279

Nissan Off Road & 4x4 Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: